A perfect crispy crust while the interior is soft, aromatic and slightly chewy. This bread is a hit everywhere and it’s perfect for appetizers, sandwiches and as a side dish.
Light and puffy with a dark, golden-brown flaky crust.. If you are looking for something different, this Mediterranean flavored brioche-style olive bread will certainly amaze you!
• 3 cups bread flour
• 1 cup black olives, chopped
• 350 ml cold water
• 1/2 tsp salt (only if the olives are not too salty)
• 10 g fresh yeast
How to make it
1. In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and chopped olives. Dissolve the fresh yeast in water and add to the flour mixture. Mix everything together until results a moist dough. Cover it and let it sit for about 14-18 hrs at room temperature, to let the yeast develop. I let it overnight.
2. After the hrs passed, sprinkle a towel with flour and corn meal and lay the dough and fold it a few times. Cover the dough with the rest of the towel and let the dough rise for another 2 hrs.
3. Preheat the oven to 250C (475-500F) 30 minutes before baking. Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Give each piece of dough 2-3 twists. Put them into a baking tray and let them sit until the oven is hot.
4. Put an empty baking pot in the oven ten minutes before baking. As you put the baking tray in the oven, add a cup of hot water in the empty pot, in this way it will instantly boil and create steam. Bake for about 25-30 minutes. When ready let the bread cool on a rack for at least an hour before cutting it.